When buying a 7-way plug and cable, we strongly recommend using a heavy duty system that includes heavier gauge wires and a plug that is molded to the cable rather than screwed on. Ours meets the standard and surpasses others that are commonly available.
- Heavy duty construction with encapsulated terminals and wires to form one weather resistant, noncorrosive assembly.
- Wire is heavily insulated with jacketed wire sleeving
- Easy-pull grip design
- Impact and corrosion resistant
- Red (battery charge) and White (common ground) are both heavy 10 gauge
- Blue (electric brake) is 12 gauge
- Green (right stop/turn), Yellow (left stop/turn), Brown (tail/license) and Purple (backup) are all 14 gauge
- Undersized 16 and 18 gauge wires are not used.
- Available in 6-foot or 8-foot lengths.
Below are two diagrams that help with your wiring. Please note that color coding is NOT standard between manufacturers. You must ultimately identify the wires on your vehicle and trailer by function only.