This tool applies threaded rivets (rivet nuts) into thin metal, plastic or fiberglass. A threaded rivet is a rivet that has internal threads so that a machine screw can be threaded into it. The insert tool comes with 5 threaded mandrels and nose pieces to set the thread sizes in the chart below.
The tool is easy to use. Just follow these instructions:
- Select the threaded rivet size that you wish to use: 6-32, 8-32, 10-24, 10-32 or 1/4-20. With tool handle open, screw on corresponding color threaded mandrel (turn counterclockwise) and tighten with tool
- With tool handle open, screw corresponding color nose piece onto tool and tighten (turn counterclockwise).
- With tool handle open, screw threaded rivet onto threaded mandrel and tighten until threaded rivet head makes contact with nose piece.
- Drill recommended hole size (See chart below).
- Insert threaded rivet into hole.
- Squeeze tool handle to set threaded rivet. Rivet is set when expanded and snug in hole. Caution: Threads will become damaged if set with too much force.
- Using tool knob, unscrew tool from threaded rivet.
- Threaded rivet is now ready to accept screw (sold separately).
|Quick Thread Size||Hole Size |
|6-32||17/64 (.2656) (6.747mm)|
|8-32||17/64 (.2656) (6.747mm)|
|10-24||19/64 (.2969) (7.541mm)|
|10-32||19/64 (.2969) (7.541mm)|
|1/4-20||25/64 (.3906) (9.9922mm)|