When buying a 7-way plug and cable, we strongly recommend using a heavy duty system that includes heavier gauge wires and a plug that is molded to the cable rather than screwed on. Ours meets the standard and surpasses others that are commonly available.
- Heavy duty construction with encapsulated terminals and wires to form one weather resistant, noncorrosive assembly.
- Wire is heavily insulated with jacketed wire sleeving
- Easy-pull grip design
- Impact and corrosion resistant
- No undersized 16 and 18 gauge wires used
- Available in 6-foot or 8-foot lengths
- 10 gauge wires: Black (battery charge/auxillary) and White (common ground)
- 12 gauge wires: Blue (electric brake)
- 14 gauge wires: Brown (right stop/turn), Red (left stop/turn), Green (tail/license) and Yellow (reverse/backup)
Please note that color coding is NOT standard between manufacturers of tow vehicles and travel trailers. You must ultimately identify the wires on your vehicle and trailer by function only.