This lock is used when your existing baggage compartment lock is concealed between the inner and outer skins of your baggage compartment door, with the latch bolt extending out the edge of the door.
This style was commonly used on some 1950s and early 1960s Airstreams, 1950s Shastas and other trailers. They were originally brass plated. We offer them in two colors: brass plated or brushed chrome plated finished.
Choose from either vertical or horizontal versions. The only difference is the orientation of the key slot when the lock is engaged (locked).
- The vertical version is best used when the hinge is on the top or bottom of the door and the latchbolt of the lock extends and retracts vertically into the header or sill of the opening. The brass lock shown in the photos is a vertical version.
- The horizontal version is best suited to be used when the hinge is on the left or right of the door and the latchbolt of the lock extends and retracts horizontally into the left or right sides of the opening. The photo of the brushed chrome lock is a horizontal version.
- Cylinder is 7/8" diameter
- Cylinder extends 1-1/16" from back of lock
- Mounting holes are 1-7/16" apart
- 11/32" throw
- Requires minimum of 3/4" from mounting holes to edge of door
- Each lock comes with two keys